- The process of removing or getting rid of something, especially by authority or permission.
- The distance between a surface and an obstacle or other surface, especially the minimum distance required for safety or comfort.
- The authorization or permission given to a person, product, or vehicle to proceed, especially through customs or security checks.
- The amount by which a discount is given on the original price of an item during a sale.
Derived from the old french word 'clairer', meaning 'to make clear'.
- The workers had to wait for clearance to enter the construction site.
- The aircraft had a minimum clearance of 200 feet above the terrain.
- He had to show his passport and get clearance from customs before he could enter the country.
- The store was offering a 50% clearance on all winter clothing.
- She needed clearance from her supervisor before she could start the project.