- Relating to the clitoris.
- Pertaining to the small, sensitive organ located at the anterior junction of the labia minora and typically containing more nerve endings than the penis, present in female mammals and responsible for sexual pleasure.
From new latin clitoridis, from greek κλειτορίς (kleitorís, "small hill"), from κλείω (kleíō, "i shut") + -τόρος (-tóros, "-tome") because of the organ"s similarity in shape to a small hill.
- Clitoral stimulation can lead to orgasm.
- Clitoral hood piercing is a popular form of body piercing.
- Clitoral engorgement is a sign of sexual arousal.
- Clitoral erectile tissue can become engorged with blood during sexual arousal.
- Some women can achieve orgasm through clitoral stimulation alone.