- A bell-shaped cover used to protect plants from frost or cold weather, often made of glass.
- A woman's close-fitting hat that covers the head and ears, typically made of felt or cloth, and has a round crown and a small brim or no brim at all.
From french cloche ("bell"), from latin clocca ("bell").
- The cloche protected the young plants from frost damage.
- She wore a cloche hat to shield her head from the cold wind.
- The cloche protected the seedlings from the harsh spring weather.
- She had a beautiful cloche hat that she always wore to church.
- The cloche was an essential tool for gardening in cold climates.