- Designating or of a system or network in which the signal or image is transmitted over a restricted range of stations or receivers.
- Designating or of a system or network that is not connected to the general public or other external systems.
Composed of two words "closed" meaning shut or sealed and "circuit" meaning a complete route or loop of electrical current.
- The police were able to monitor the situation through a closed-circuit television camera.
- The security system is based on closed-circuit cameras that monitor the entire building.
- The closed-circuit system enables the teacher to control what the students see on their screens.
- The closed-circuit system is only for internal use and not connected to the internet.
- The closed-circuit network is designed for secure communication between the company's different departments.