- Items worn to cover the body, such as shirts, pants, dresses, and underwear.
- The act or process of providing or being provided with clothes.
- The trade or business of making or selling clothes.
The word clothing comes from the old english word "clæðung" which means garments. it has been used to refer to clothes and garments since the 14th century.
- She went to the store to buy some new clothing.
- He took off his clothing before getting in the shower.
- The clothing factory was very busy during the holiday season.
- The clothing drive collected coats and sweaters for the homeless.
- The clothing styles changed rapidly during the 1920s.