The process of forming a solid mass from a liquid, typically by the action of heat or a chemical substance, resulting in the formation of clots or lumps.
Formed from the latin word 'coagulare' meaning 'to curdle'.
- The coagulation of the blood is an important process in the body, helping to prevent excessive bleeding.
- The coagulation of the protein in the milk was necessary for the production of cheese.
- The coagulation of the paint created a rough surface that was difficult to sand.
- The coagulation of the soap resulted in a solid, usable bar.
- The coagulation of the chemicals in the laboratory was a crucial step in the experiment.