- A powder made from roasted, ground cocoa beans, used to make chocolate, drinks, and other food products.
- A drink made by mixing cocoa powder with milk and sugar.
- The dried and partially fermented fatty seed of the cacao tree from which cocoa powder and chocolate are made.
Early 17th century: from spanish cacao, from nahuatl cacahuatl.
- She made hot cocoa on a cold night.
- He added cocoa powder to the cake mix.
- The cocoa beans were roasted and ground.
- The cocoa was used to make chocolate.
- The cocoa was used to make a rich and flavorful sauce.