- A remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection.
- The occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection.
From latin co- "together" + incidere "to fall".
- It was just a coincidence that they met at the train station.
- The coincidence of their meeting was too much of a coincidence to ignore.
- It was a coincidence that they both wore the same outfit.
- The coincidence of the two events happening at the same time was astounding.
- The coincidence of the two people having the same name was just a coincidence.