- Describing a type of pain in the abdomen that is characterized by spasms and cramps.
- Used to describe a baby that is experiencing abdominal pain and discomfort, often accompanied by crying and fussiness.
From 'colic' meaning 'pain in the abdomen'.
- She had a colicky pain in her stomach for most of the day.
- The baby was crying inconsolably and seemed to be in colicky pain.
- She had colicky episodes every few days, each lasting for several hours.
- He had a colicky pain in his abdomen that was severe enough to make him double over.
- The baby was diagnosed with colic, a common condition in infants that causes episodes of excessive crying and discomfort.