A person who collaborates with an enemy occupying force, especially during a time of war.
From collaboration + -ist.
- The collaborationist was accused of providing information to the enemy and was tried for treason.
- Many people in the occupied country saw the collaborationists as traitors and despised them.
- The collaborationist was shunned by the local community after the war and lived the rest of his life in disgrace.
- The historian's research focused on the role of collaborationists during the Nazi occupation of France.
- The collaborationist's testimony provided valuable insight into the inner workings of the enemy's operations.