- Relating to or done by a group of people acting as a single unit.
- Relating to a group of people considered as a whole, especially a group of people with a common purpose or function.
The word "collective" comes from the latin word "collectus" which means "gathered together". the term has been used in the english language since the early 17th century to describe things that are shared by a group of people.
- The collective decision of the board was to increase the budget.
- The collective efforts of the volunteers made the event a success.
- The collective bargaining agreement between the union and the company was signed yesterday.
- The collective consciousness of the society is changing with time.
- The collective memory of the community was passed down from generation to generation.