- An instance of two or more objects or forces hitting or crashing together.
- A disagreement or conflict between two parties.
Late 16th century: from latin collisio(n-), from collid- "struck together", from the verb collidere.
- The car crash was a violent collision that caused extensive damage.
- The collision of the two ships in the harbor caused a huge oil spill.
- The collision of the planets created the asteroids in our solar system.
- The collision of the ideas led to a heated debate among the experts.
- The collision of the cultures was inevitable, but it also led to a rich exchange.