- The use of color to add beauty or interest to something.
- The act or process of adding color to something.
Late 17th century: from color + -ing.
- The coloring of the room was done in shades of blue and green.
- The coloring of the flowers was a delicate process that took patience and skill.
- The coloring of the picture added depth and interest to the image.
- The coloring was a way to express creativity and imagination.
- The coloring was a simple and fun activity for children to do on a rainy day.