- Politeness and consideration in dealing with others.
- Friendliness and mutual goodwill in a group or between countries.
Late 16th century: from latin comitas, from comis "pleasant, courteous".
- The two nations agreed to maintain comity in their diplomatic relations.
- The meeting was conducted with comity and everyone was treated with respect.
- The comity of the group was disturbed when one member made a personal attack on another.
- The comity of the workplace was improved when management started to listen to employee suggestions.
- The comity between the two countries was strengthened through cultural exchanges.