A feature, characteristic, or quality that is shared by two or more things.
The word 'commonality' is derived from the latin word 'communis' meaning 'shared by all or many.
- One commonality between all the countries in Europe is their love for soccer.
- The commonality between the two politicians was their commitment to social justice.
- The commonality of their experiences brought the group of friends closer together.
- One commonality among all the students was their passion for learning.
- The commonality of their goals and values was the foundation of their successful partnership.