- Having the power to force or strongly urge someone to do something.
- Having the power to make it necessary for someone to do something.
From the verb "compel" (to drive or force) and the suffix -ing.
- The story was so compelling that I couldn't put the book down.
- The evidence was compelling enough to convict the defendant.
- The argument was compelling and convincing.
- The situation was so compelling that he felt compelled to act.
- The performance was so compelling that it left the audience spellbound.