- The act or process of compiling.
- A collection of things that have been gathered together.
- A book, record, or other collection of selected material that has been gathered and published together as a single work.
The word compilation is derived from the latin word "compilatio" which means a collection. it was first used in the early 17th century.
- The compilation of data for the report took several weeks.
- The library had a compilation of rare books on ancient history.
- The album is a compilation of the band's greatest hits.
- The compilation of the dictionary took several years.
- The website offered a compilation of the latest news from around the world.