To make peace or restore friendly relations between parties, especially by resolving a disagreement or dispute.
From the latin word "conciliare" meaning to win over, it refers to making peace or restoring friendly relations between parties.
- The mediator tried to conciliate the two parties.
- The Ambassador's goal was to conciliate the conflicting nations.
- The company conciliated with the workers to prevent a strike.
- The two groups conciliated their differences and were able to work together.
- The government conciliated with the opposition to form a coalition government.