- An agreement, especially between two countries or international organizations.
- An agreement between the Vatican and a sovereign state regarding the rights and status of the Roman Catholic Church in the state.
Late 17th century: from french, from concorder "to agree".
- The concordat between the two countries established a framework for cooperation on trade and security issues.
- The concordat between the Vatican and Italy regulated the role of the Catholic Church in Italy.
- The new concordat addressed the concerns of both sides and allowed for a more harmonious relationship.
- The concordat was seen as a major step forward in resolving tensions between the two countries.
- The concordat established a clear division of authority between the Church and the state.