An informal conversation or chat, often with people you know well.
Confabulation, from latin confabulationem (nominative confabulatio) "a talking together", from the verb confabulari, from con- "together" + fabulari "to talk".
- They had a confab over coffee to catch up on old times.
- The two friends had a confab about their plans for the weekend.
- The confab between the coworkers was to discuss the new project.
- The confab with the teacher was to discuss the student's progress.
- The confab with the boss was to discuss the company's future plans.