- The feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something.
- A feeling of self-assurance arising from one"s appreciation of one"s own abilities or qualities.
- A state of trust or intimacy.
Late middle english: from old french, from latin confidentia, from confidere "have trust in".
- He spoke with confidence about the future of the company.
- She has confidence in her own abilities.
- He had confidence in his team.
- She gained confidence after her success.
- The speaker's confidence was obvious in his delivery.