- The arrangement or composition of something, especially in a particular pattern or structure.
- The way in which components of a system or network are connected and arranged.
Late 16th century: from latin configuratio(n-), from the verb configurare, from con- "together" + figurare "shape".
- The configuration of the computer's components determined its performance and capacity.
- The configuration of the furniture in the room was rearranged to create more space.
- The configuration of the city's public transportation system was designed to reduce congestion and improve efficiency.
- The configuration of the network was changed to improve security and reliability.
- The configuration of the atoms in the molecule determined its chemical properties and reactivity.