- A cabinet with shelves or a table used for display or storage.
- A control panel for a machine or system, especially a computer or video game.
- An electronic device used for playing games, music, or videos.
Late 16th century: from italian consolare, from latin consolari 'to comfort', from con- 'together' + solari 'to solace'.
- She put her favorite books on the console in the hall.
- He used the console to adjust the sound on his home theater system.
- The new console was the most popular gift of the holiday season.
- She bought a new console for her son for his birthday.
- The console on the dashboard allowed him to control the various systems in his car.