- An association, typically of several companies.
- A group of individuals or organizations with a common interest.
From latin consortium ('partnership, association, community of goods'), from consors ('partner'), from con- ('together') + sors ('a sharer').
- The consortium of tech companies is working on developing new software.
- The university is part of a consortium of colleges and universities that share resources and expertise.
- The consortium of donors pledged to support the humanitarian relief efforts.