- The provision of expert advice or professional services by a consultant or group of consultants.
- A company or organization that provides expert advice or professional services in a particular field.
Early 20th century: from consultant + -cy.
- He has a successful consultancy firm that provides expert advice to businesses.
- She works for a consultancy company that specializes in human resources.
- The consultancy is providing expert advice on how to improve the company's efficiency.
- The consultancy firm is specializing in providing professional services in the field of marketing.
- The consultancy services are aimed at helping the client achieve their goals.