- The spread of a disease from one person to another by close contact.
- The spread of an idea, feeling, or behavior from one person to another.
- The spread of a problem or crisis from one country or market to another.
Derived from the latin word 'contagio' which means contact, touch.
- The outbreak of the disease led to widespread panic and concerns about contagion.
- The contagion of fear and panic swept through the city.
- The economic contagion from the crisis in Greece threatened the stability of the entire eurozone.
- The government took steps to prevent the contagion of the disease from spreading.
- The contagion of negativity and cynicism among the employees was impacting their work and productivity.