- The action of thinking deeply about something.
- The act of meditating on spiritual matters.
Late middle english: from latin contemplatio(n-), from contemplari "observe attentively", from con- "completely" + templum "a place for observing".
- He spent the afternoon in quiet contemplation.
- She found contemplation to be very helpful in reducing stress.
- The sunset was a beautiful scene for contemplation.
- The sound of the waterfall was perfect for contemplation and meditation.
- The book provided much food for contemplation.