- A copper plate used for printing illustrations or text.
- A style of handwriting, typically used for invitations and formal documents, that is characterized by thin, delicate strokes and a slight slant to the right.
Early 18th century: from copper + plate.
- The printer used a copperplate to print the illustrations in the book.
- The invitation was written in copperplate script, giving it a formal and elegant look.
- Copperplate engraving is a traditional method of printing illustrations and maps on paper.
- The calligrapher was trained in the art of copperplate writing.
- Copperplate script is a formal and elegant style of handwriting that is often used in invitations and formal documents.