- A tool, typically made of metal, used to remove corks from bottles.
- A spiral device with a handle that is used to remove corks from bottles.
- A tool with a spiral shape that is used to remove corks from bottles of wine or other beverages.
The word corkscrew is derived from the late 16th century from the word "cork" and "screw" which refers to the spiral shape of the tool.
- He used a corkscrew to open the bottle of wine.
- The corkscrew was used to remove the cork from the bottle.
- The waiter opened the bottle of wine with a corkscrew.
- The corkscrew was a handy tool for opening bottles of wine.
- The corkscrew was left in the cork after it was removed from the bottle.