- Relating to the cornea of the eye.
- Relating to the clear, curved front surface of the eye that covers the iris and pupil.
From the latin word "corneus" which means "of or like horn" and refers to the cornea of the eye, which is tough and transparent.
- He had a corneal ulcer which caused him to lose his vision.
- She had a corneal transplant to repair her damaged cornea.
- He had to use eye drops for corneal infection.
- She had a corneal abrasion from a piece of dust in her eye.
- A corneal dystrophy is a genetic disorder that affects the cornea.