The stem of a corn plant, which supports the leaves and ears of corn.
The word 'cornstalk' is derived from the old english word 'corn', meaning grain or cereal crop, and 'stalk', meaning the stem of a plant. it refers to the stem of a corn plant.
- The tall cornstalk swayed gently in the breeze.
- The children used the dried cornstalks to make decorations for the autumn festival.
- He cut down the dead cornstalks in preparation for next year's crop.
- The cornstalks provided a natural habitat for small birds and animals.
- She admired the strength and resilience of the cornstalks, standing tall amidst the rows of corn.