- Of or relating to the cerebral cortex.
- Of or relating to the outer layer of an organ or structure.
From the latin word "cortex" meaning "bark" or "rind".
- The patient suffered a cortical stroke which affected the language center of the brain.
- The cortical layer of the kidney is responsible for filtering blood.
- Cortical neurons play a key role in memory and learning.
- The cortical bone of the skull is thicker than the trabecular bone.
- Cortical blindness is caused by damage to the occipital lobe of the brain.