The study and application of beauty treatments, including hair styling, skin care, and makeup application.
Derived from the greek words "kosmetikos" meaning "skilled in adornment" and "logia" meaning "study of".
- She studied cosmetology in order to become a hair stylist.
- The cosmetology program at the vocational school taught students about hair cutting and coloring techniques.
- The esthetician at the spa received her training in cosmetology.
- The cosmetology department at the school offers a variety of services, including facials and waxing.
- The cosmetology teacher taught the students about different types of makeup and how to apply it properly.