- An outfit worn by an actor on stage or a person taking part in a costume event.
- A set of clothes worn for a particular occasion or purpose.
- The style of dress, including clothing, accessories, and hairstyles, typical of a particular period, place, or group.
From old french costume, from latin consuetudinem ("custom, habi.t")
- The actor was wearing a costume for the play.
- The costume party was a lot of fun.
- The children were dressed in costumes for Halloween.
- The costume design was based on the 18th century fashion.
- The dancers were wearing traditional costumes from their country.