Assignments, projects, and exams that are given to students in order to evaluate their knowledge and skills related to a specific course of study.
The word "coursework" is a compound of two words "course" and "work". it was first used in the early 20th century to refer to the work that students are required to do in order to complete a course of study.
- I have a lot of coursework to complete before the end of the semester.
- The coursework for this class is quite challenging.
- I was able to complete my coursework early and submit it ahead of the deadline.
- The coursework for this class is worth 40% of the final grade.
- The university requires all students to complete a certain amount of coursework in order to graduate.