- Not openly acknowledged or displayed; hidden or disguised.
- Done in secret or without the knowledge of others.
- Not open or public.
The word covert comes from the old french word "covrir" which means "to cover" and it first appeared in the english language in the 14th century.
- The operation was conducted on a covert basis.
- He had a covert agenda and worked behind the scenes to achieve it.
- The company had a covert program to spy on its competitors.
- The government had a covert plan to infiltrate the terrorist group.
- The organization was involved in covert activities.