- A person who lacks courage and is afraid to face danger or difficulty.
- A person who lacks the courage to carry out a duty or decision.
The word coward comes from the old french word "couard" which means "timid" and it first appeared in the english language in the 14th century.
- He was called a coward for not standing up for what he believed in.
- His friends thought he was a coward for not going to the party.
- He was labeled a coward for not joining the fight.
- He was considered a coward for not speaking out against the injustice.
- He was called a coward for not facing his fear.