The skin of a cow, used to make leather.
The word 'cowhide' is derived from the words 'cow' and 'hide', which refers to the skin of a cow. the term has been used for centuries to describe the leather made from the skin of a cow.
- The cowhide was treated and tanned to make durable and long-lasting leather goods.
- The cowhide was used to make boots, belts, and jackets for cowboys and cowhands.
- The cowhide was also used for various household items, such as rugs and upholstery.
- The cowhide was a popular material for many crafts and was often used for basket weaving and other decorative items.
- The cowhide was valued for its strength and durability, and was often sought after for its natural beauty and texture.