Acting in a shy or modest way, especially in order to be more attractive or interesting.
The word "coy" comes from the middle english word "coi" which means "shy" or "bashful". it has been used in english since the 15th century.
- She was known for her coy smile and the way she would playfully tease her admirers.
- He tried to be coy, but his interest in her was obvious.
- She was always very coy about her feelings, never revealing too much.
- The young girl's coy demeanor made her even more charming.
- She had a coy attitude, playing hard to get and keeping him guessing.