- Clever and skillful, often in a sly or cunning way.
- Showing inventiveness and skill in devising a plan or strategy.
Middle english, from old english cræftig; akin to old high german kraft power.
- He was a crafty negotiator, always able to get the best deal.
- She was crafty enough to outsmart her opponents.
- His crafty plan allowed him to take advantage of the situation.
- The thief was crafty enough to evade the police for months.
- The politician was known for his crafty tactics to win the election.