- A strong and overwhelming enthusiasm or interest in something, often short-lived.
- A state of enthusiasm or excitement that has become intense and widespread.
The word craze comes from the middle english word "craisen" which means "to crack" and it first appeared in the english language in the 16th century.
- The new video game was a craze among the teenagers.
- The new dance craze swept the nation.
- The new fashion craze was seen on the streets.
- The new craze in dieting was the Keto diet.
- The new craze in music was the latest pop sensation.