- A place where two or more roads cross each other.
- A point in one's life or career where a decision must be made.
Early 19th century: formed from cross + road.
- They arrived at the crossroad and had to decide which direction to take.
- The town was just a small crossroad on the way to their destination.
- The crossroad was a busy intersection with heavy traffic.
- He was at a crossroad in his career and had to decide whether to stay or move on.
- The crossroad was a meeting place for travelers and merchants.