Refers to something that is going across a town, usually in reference to a road, route, or transportation service.
The word 'crosstown' is derived from the combination of the prefix 'cross-' meaning 'from one side to the other', and the noun 'town', meaning 'a settlement or urban area'.
- The crosstown bus travels from one side of the city to the other.
- She took a crosstown taxi to the other side of town.
- The crosstown traffic was heavy due to road construction.
- The crosstown highway provides a direct route across the city.
- The crosstown express train was faster and more convenient than the local bus service.