- The state or quality of being crude or unrefined.
- A rude or offensive remark or behavior.
From the latin word cruditatem, meaning roughness or rawness.
- The crudity of the oil straight from the ground made it impossible to use without refining.
- The crudity of the comedian's jokes was not well received by the audience.
- The paintings in the exhibition were notable for their crudity of brushstrokes.
- His crudity was a sign of ignorance and lack of culture.
- The crudity of the pottery found in the archaeological dig indicates it was made by a primitive culture.