- Difficult to handle or carry because of size, weight, or shape.
- Complex or intricate and therefore difficult to use or understand.
From the middle english "cumbrous", from the old english "cumb" (heavy) + "-rous" (full of).
- The cumbersome equipment made it difficult to move around the construction site.
- Filling out the forms was a cumbersome process.
- The cumbersome regulations made it hard for small businesses to compete.
- The camera is too cumbersome to take on vacation.
- The cumbersome design of the website makes it hard to navigate.