- Of or relating to a system of writing that uses wedge-shaped marks made on clay tablets with a stylus.
- Having a shape that is triangular in cross section and tapering to a pointed end.
From latin cuneus, meaning "wedge" and forma, meaning "shape".
- Cuneiform script was used by the ancient Sumerians.
- The archaeologist deciphered the cuneiform inscriptions on the clay tablet.
- Cuneiform writing was used in ancient Mesopotamia, Egypt and the Indus valley.
- The cuneiform bone in the human wrist connects the hand to the forearm.
- The cuneiform shape of the wedge allowed it to be pressed deeply into the clay tablet.