A medical procedure in which a curette is used to remove material from a cavity or surface.
The word 'curettage' is derived from the french word 'curette' meaning 'scraper'. it refers to a medical procedure in which a curette, a type of scraper, is used to remove material from a cavity or surface.
- Curettage is often used in the treatment of uterine conditions.
- The curettage procedure was performed under general anesthesia.
- Curettage is sometimes used to obtain tissue samples for biopsy.
- The curettage was successful in removing all abnormal tissue.
- Curettage is a commonly performed outpatient procedure.