- A person who has the care and superintendence of something, especially a building or property.
- A person who is responsible for the maintenance and security of a building or property.
Late middle english: from latin custodian- "guardian", from the verb custodire, from custos "guard".
- The custodian was responsible for keeping the building clean and safe.
- The school custodian was responsible for the upkeep of the school grounds.
- As the custodian of the property, he was responsible for its security and maintenance.
- The custodian job includes cleaning, maintenance and security of the building.
- The custodian is responsible for making sure that the building is safe and secure at all times.