- A person or thing that is the center of attention or admiration.
- A person or thing that is the object of general attention; an object of general interest or admiration.
Mid 16th century: from greek kunosoura, from kuōn "dog" + oura "tail", from the constellation ursa minor, the little bear, which contains the north star.
- She was the cynosure of all eyes at the party.
- He was the cynosure of the audience during his speech.
- The new car was the cynosure of the showroom.
- The bride was the cynosure of the wedding ceremony.
- The statue was the cynosure of the park.