- An emperor or king of Russia until the Russian Revolution of 1917.
- A person with extensive power and authority over a particular area or domain, often used in a humorous or ironic sense.
Derived from the russian word 'tsar' meaning 'emperor'.
- The last czar of Russia, Nicholas II, was overthrown and executed in 1917.
- The new manager is being referred to as the 'marketing czar' due to his extensive control over the department.
- The city council appointed a 'traffic czar' to find solutions to the congested roadways.
- The czar had a vast empire stretching from Europe to Asia.
- The CEO was jokingly referred to as the 'email czar' due to his strict policy on office communication.